IJP PTO Mission Statement
The purpose of this organization shall be to promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, and Christian community by offering programs and funds to enrich and supplement existing educational programs at Infant Jesus of Prague School. To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of the child. To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts that will secure for every child the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, moral, and spiritual education.
Why come to a PTO Meeting?
- Connect with other parents
- Be the first to hear about important news and upcoming events at school
- Have a voice in the activities and programs
- Learn how the students and teachers benefit from the work of the PTO
- Volunteer your time, at school or home, to make a difference in our school community
Cannot make a meeting? If you are unable to attend, but would like more information or to stay involved, please contact us at email@example.com
VOLUNTEERS ARE THE KEY TO OUR SUCCESS!
We are actively recruiting Officers for the IJP PTO Board. The Board consists of:
- President: The President shall be the principal executive officer of the PTO and be subject to the direction and control of the PTO Executive Board.
- Vice-President: The Vice President shall act as an aide to the president and shall perform the duties of the president in the absence of that officer. The vice president shall also coordinate activities of the external and internal programs committees; and social committee.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall keep an accurate record of all meetings of the organization and of the PTO Executive Board; be the custodian of the corporate records; shall also coordinate activities of the publicity and membership committees.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer shall keep an accurate record of receipts and expenditures; and shall pay out monies only as authorized by the PTO Executive Board. The treasurer shall present a statement of account at every meeting of the organizations and at other times when requested by the PTO Executive Board, and shall make a full report to the final meeting of the year. The treasure shall coordinate activities of the budget committee and shall present the proposed budget for the current year to the PTO Executive Board for approval at the September meeting.
- Ways and Means: The Ways and Means coordinator shall be a voting member of the PTO Executive Board. He or she shall be in charge of any and all fundraising projects to be sponsored by the PTO organization, including timelines, dates, expected costs, projected revenues. Coordinate volunteers and maintain communication with the various parish committees with regard to parish-wide fundraising projects. The Ways and Means shall coordinate activities of the fundraising committee.
- Faculty Representative: A Faculty Representative shall serve as the liaison between the PTO Executive Board and the staff members. This person will be elected by the teaching staff or designated by the principle. This person shall be a considered a voting member of the PTO Executive Board.
Shannon Mayronne- President
Priscilla Garcia- Vice President/Treasurer
Brenda Wallace – Secretary
Aisha Nix-Hughes- Ways and Means
What we have done with the Funds raised in the 2016-2017 School Year
- Purchased a White Board for Mrs. McKillip’s Kindergarten Room
- Annual Licensing of Software for the computers
- Hosted Pizza Parties
- Ice Cream Social to kick off School Year
- Aided the Student Council with Candy Cane Treat for School/Staff
- Catholic Schools Week Assembly
- School Directories
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation Gifts for Catholic Schools Week
- Hosted Windy City Thunderbolts Baseball Game Trip
- Hosted Fun Lunch
- Gifted Teachers books from Scholastic Book Fair
- Classroom Enrichment Funds
- Hosted two Teacher/Staff Luncheons
DID YOU KNOW?
If you are a parent group leader or volunteer, chances are you already know that your involvement in your child’s school is good for their education. It’s one of the main reasons you do it, right?
But here’s the thing: It’s actually really good for their education.
Researchers have been studying the effects that parent attitudes and actions have on their children’s academic success for many years, and they have reported consistently that children with parents involved in their education and schools earn better grades, score higher on tests, and much more. The reasons that parent involvement increases student success are many—in itself, simply letting a child know you care and are invested enough to be involved in their day-to-day school life sends a clear message about the value of school and education.